Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Whisper to my Soul


Whisper to my Soul
Originally uploaded by Bound Staff Press
My family and I just got back from a trip to the mountians and to see friends. I had a three day weekend, so we drove up to Rocky Mountian Nat. Park. On the way up, there were still a few yellow leaves to see, but by the time we reached the park, all the aspen were naked for the winter. We did see lots of elk. Two different herds that numbered more than 100. I got inspired to do some new tree prints, but haven't yet recovered from traveling with children.

I've been digging through my old etching plates, and decided to edition this image. I had originally printed it with a poem by my wife, and given them as Christmas gifts. Yesterday I got rolling with my etching press, and thought I was having some troubles with over-wiping. I'm sure now that I was more practiced at wiping when I was in college. As it turns out, I didn't have enough pressure to print the images. Today printing this image, I finally got the set up I wanted, and this is the result.

1 comment:

Virginia Wieringa said...

This is a beauty-great lights and darks and a mysterious storyline with an open meaning!