Friday, November 2, 2007

Winter Aspen


Winter Aspen
Originally uploaded by Bound Staff Press
This is the first of a few prints I'd like to do after visiting the mountains. I'm still working out the backgoud. I'm feeling like maybe it should be printed on a light blue paper and hand color the tree light green. Still a few things to work out in the lowest reaching branches.

When doing relief prints, I typically draw my image in pencil on the block, then ink it in with sharpie marker. Next, I'll cut it out with a speedball v-groover. For this image, my plan is to blog all the steps so that you can see it in progress

1 comment:

Nicole said...

i like that you plan to walk through it. i haven't done a print since high school--it'll be neat to see the progression. i'll have to remember to stop back here! :-)