Monday, January 14, 2008

Pamphlet books


I am teaching Crafts I this semester. So far the kids are loving it. We started by designing a stamp that could be fixed to all of our projects for the year. We completed our second project today. A single section pamphlet fold book. We took a day to sew the binding, then decorated the cover using xylene toner transfer. The kids were very successful with their first attempts at both processes. I also made a cover, but have not sewn my book together yet. Mine is the little VW Hebm├╝ler. I think it will get some colored pencil or acrylic additions. The blue covered book is also mine, and served as the example for what the finished project should look like. Tomorrow we will begin a Japanese stab binding. We will have very simple covers and only a few pages for our first binding.

No comments: