Friday, July 18, 2008

Back to Lino Cutting

I started this block several months ago. It has been sitting gathering dust waiting for a less busy time. I am not sure about the sky details, but I am very pleased with the rest of the image. My original plan was to print this on Stripes, my letterpress, but I hadn't really printed much letterpress when I made the decision. As it turns out, the chase is only 6.5 x 11. That will make it pretty darn hard to lock up and register an 8 x 10 block. Oh well, I'll just have to start on a 6 x 9 block when this one is cut.
I packaged up the wedding invites for Amy and Steve and sent them off with my wife. She was headed home for the bridal shower. Jessica and her sister packed up the four girls and left Isaac and I to fend for ourselves. We are getting along just fine. I had time to update the look of the blog today, and also updated my facebook page. O.K. so maybe I'm not being very productive, but it's been hovering around 100 degrees all week. I'm not scheduling lots of garage or yard work unless it is necessary.

No comments: