Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wedding Invitations


Wedding Invitations, originally uploaded by Bound Staff Press.

I've been working all week to get 200 invitations ready for my sister-in-law's wedding. She is engaged to a really great guy. I volunteered to print their invitations, so that I could have a chance to use my letterpress for something other than a one or two piece job. With two color invitation, front and back response cards, and folded thank you cards, I have been working my arms off. I have been having a magnificent time learning more and more about my press, and how to set up my registration and printing. I found a very helpful blog from the folks at Dolce Press. I'll get it added to the my blog role soon.

The colors for the wedding are Chocolate and Terra Cotta. It took some time to come up with a color that matched the terra cotta, but I think it turned out wonderfully. There are more pics on my Flickr page. Hopefully I'll have the thank yous finished tomorrow, and post an update then.

I'm still working on my 8x10 lino block that I started in March. It usually seems to take back seat to all of the other jobs and chores that happen during the summer. I have made some progress on my hydraulic jack press. I have most of the wood cut, and have only a few things to do before it is assembled. However, after printing on my letterpress, I don't know that I will ever want to go to the work of hand inking and printing again. We'll see how it shakes out.

No comments: