Thursday, September 25, 2008

Swing by the House - block

I've been caught by the fast pace of school and home projects. I finally took some time to carve a new print. I've been working on it during class for the last week or so. I'm very happy with it, and it is done just in time for an upcoming show at Somewhere on San Juan.
I have been trying to get Stripes, my letterpress, fixed by my options are to wait for a student to re-weld the broken piece, or pay $200 for a replacement. Neither suit my desire to get printing. I religiously comb through Craigslist, and e-bay for affordable presses. I think I may have found one close by, and am debating how much family time I can sacrifice to get a bigger better deal.
This weekend is my oldest daughter's 5th birthday party. We will be having all of our family here. Some have never made the trip before. We are will have a bounce house, and a big shin-dig. She is crazy excited about being 5.

4 comments:

Debbie Gootter said...

Love your work!

Alli Bozeman said...

Hi Justin,
Love this linocut. Not sure where La Junta is exactly, but I hope I get to come visit sometime.
Best,
alli {birddogpress}

Justin said...

Thanks. You are welcome to stop by any time. La Junta is about 60 mi. east of Pueblo.

Eraethil said...

Like this newest print a lot! Great photo showing the block and tools as well.