Monday, December 8, 2008

Hard Days Work


Hard Days Work &Proof, originally uploaded by Bound Staff Press.

I have been working feverishly to have work ready for the annual Suitcase Sale at Somewhere on San Juan. I have two prints that I've been cutting on. One is infinitely more complex than the other. I have to switch off, or my eyes and neck start to tire. Now I just sound old.

I have also been trying to get my Art Fire shop filled with goodies. I listed most of my editioned prints there late last week. I shot some new detail photos, so that not everything has the same picture of me carving Birdhouse Bird. Of course, life doesn't slow down when I want to get these things done, but there are always little blessings that come along that surprise me.

Today my wife called me at work, and told me she had won an ipod from the radio station she listens to. After an hour or so of planning and scheming, she decided that today was the only day she or any of us could make it up to the Springs to pick it up. She told me it is my Christmas present, but we'll see. If it is pink, I'll know it is for her. If it is in silver or black... Yipee!!

I hope you find some way to see God's blessing today.

5 comments:

esque said...

Your work is truly amazing! Hope that iPod's not pink!

[inkihandmade.etsy.com]
[inkihandmade.blogspot.com]

equivoque said...

greetings from equivoque from etsy!

uniquecommodities said...

Wow! You are very talented and PATIENT no doubt! Happy Holidays!

A Blond And A Torch said...

That is amazing!

I can't wait to see what color the ipod is!

SleightGirl said...

Wow! Your stuff is really great! I love it!

Even if it's pink you should keep it, I bet you could make some really cool ipod skins with your artwork...and then no one would be the wiser.