Tuesday, December 9, 2008

New ipod!!


New ipod!!, originally uploaded by Bound Staff Press.

I love my wife. Yesterday she won an ipod on the radio, and braved the wind and snow to run up to the Springs to get it. What's more, she upgraded to the next size. I've always tried to justify buying one, saying that I would use it when I work on my printmaking, or when everybody in the car is asleep. Last night, I put in some Elliott Smith, and carved away. Now most of the detail work is done, and I can just clean out the large open areas.

I usually use the #1 speedball blade to outline all of the details before I change to #5 gouge to remove large areas. This way, all the hard work is done at the first of the block. When I'm just ready to start printing, I can just finish up without a lot of thought or stress.

I have not yet come up with a title for this piece. I'm toying with the idea of a body without a soul or spirit. I also have thought about something to do with freedom, or imprisonment since the cage is empty, but locked.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Gorgeous work! You are very talented!

Autonomous Artisans said...

Wow!

Jen said...

I love that piece you are working on. I highly recommend downloading Kristin Chenoweth's Christmas album. I'm listening to it right now and it is amazing! Enjoy your i-pod (awesome that she won it).
-10oneworld

Eraethil said...

Looks like lots of great new work on the go Justin. Have a great December!