Friday, March 6, 2009

Holly Sugar Factory - Original Illustration

So sketching every day isn't working out like I would hope. Instead, I was thinking last night, why not just do a quick ink drawing every morning. I could post on Flickr and Etsy. That keeps me fresh, and practiced, and posting every day. I have the time built into my schedule at work. I just haven't taken advantage of it.
Here is the drawing for today. It is my impression from memory of the Holly Sugar factory in Swink, CO. I drive by it all the time. This was drawn using Pitt artist pens, and colored with coffee, and watercolor. I'm very pleased with the result.

2 comments:

Clare said...

Ahh yes, the elusive daily drawing! I've been trying to get in that habit again, too!

beautiful work!

Justin said...

Thanks Clare.
I always find that I'm the most productive when I'm sketching or creating daily. We'll see if I can keep it up during spring break.