Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Great to be back

Lots of things to catch up on.

The Christmas break was great. We took our annual cross county trip through Kansas to see family. We managed to stay ahead of weather, and the kids all behaved in the car. We don't often make it back East, so we made this trip really count. We stopped at my Grandparent's on the way out, then at my other Gandmother's on the way back. Let everyone hold the newest little Miller girl. Always mixed emotions with seeing people age. We were of course happy to spend time catching up. with everyone.

Baby Miller

My son can talk of nothing but guns and swords. I took him shopping with me this year, because I knew that if my wife asked what I had bought, he would tell her it was a sword. The boy can really keep a secret provided I was not actually buying cutlery. I have been looking for die-cast metal cap guns for a couple of years, and notice that it is rare to see metal guns on the store shelves. I really wanted to find a set similar to the ones I had as a child, and it turns out ebay usually has a couple ready to go. He had a ball. The best part was watching him play dead after being shot. He lays on the floor and sticks his little tongue out. It was one of the best parts of Christmas.



The Own Your Own exhibit still has a few days left. It will close on the 9th. If you are able, you should stop by. I've had the pleasure of dealing with some of the greatest ladies at the Sangre de Cristo Arts Center. Just before Christmas I received word that the gift shop would like to carry my work after the OYO show closes. Made for a wonderful end to the year.

No comments: