Thursday, February 11, 2010

Printing Again





After a considerable dry spell from creating and printing, I have fired up the press again. Of course, as usual, I was up against a deadline. I refilled my inventory for my bird prints so that I could enter them in a show in Denver. I finished a small project for an exchange, and I printed 75 calling cards for a woman who has adopted my kids as her grandchildren. It has been a busy but good week. I hope to have framed work shipped by Saturday. Which, surprisingly, is a week early. The exchange work is already shipped, and the calling cards have only two more passes in the press before I wrap them up.
I have a couple prints in the works right now. One I hoped to have cut in time to ship for Valentines. That didn't happen, but I'm OK with being prepared for next year. Another print is drawn and inked and awaits cutting if I ever stop long enough.

3 comments:

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

I love the intensity. That is the perfect red. I hope I come out of my dry spell with such a bang! May it continue for you.

jackiehunter said...

This is just gorgeous - I love the rich red colour. I'd love to know how you achieve such detail with your lino cutting tools? Which tools do you prefer?

Justin said...

Thanks Jackie

I use basic Speedball brand lino cutters. I find that they need to be honed on a buffing wheel to stay sharp. With patience and practice I have learned to control them. I wish there was a magic answer that would make it easy, but there really isn't.