Sunday, July 11, 2010

A New Printing Press

Like many people, I religiously comb through Craigslist for bargains. Usually, I am too late, or too cheap to buy much. Monday yielded a different result. Listed in the Denver area was a Dickerson combo etching and lithography press for way less than it was worth. It had been listed for a few days, so I was not hoping for much. And, even though it was a bargain for the press, it was still a significant amount. I mentioned the press to my wife, and she thought I should pursue it. It was still available, and apparently, I was the most earnest about wanting the press.
Tuesday night arrangements were made for a hurry up trip to Denver with Jessica and my two youngest kids. Wednesday morning, the seller and I disassembled the press, and loaded it into my van and we were back on I-25 by noon. With a little help from the maintenance staff, the press was safely unloaded in my classroom.
I still need a few items to produce lithographs, but it shouldn't be long.

1 comment:

Are you curious about me? said...

WOW! you must be thrilled, It looks new from where I'm sitting...

I would love an etching press or any other press for that matter, I am thrilled that you found yourself a bargin, I have just been following one on ebay but it went for toooooo much money.

Wishing you lots of fun with your new press.

~ Julie