Saturday, October 16, 2010

Print shop



I have been printing like crazy. Last weekend was the annual Art Walk and art exhibit at Somewhere On San Juan here in La Junta. I scraped together 4 pieces from this year to enter. Of course I hadn't printed any of them on quality paper yet . As usual, I printed and framed right up to the deadline for the show. You would think I could get that done a week or two ahead of time.




I really feel like I'm in the groove of printing and carving right now. I can remember how I used to have ideas just ready to explode onto the block each time I would pick up the pencil. My print shop is coming together, and I just can't wait to get back to making art all the time.

Hillside

Of course with great motivation comes great distraction. The weeks are full of extra things to think about and projects that need to be completed either as part of my personal life, or at school, or my family. I am trying my best to focus all of that energy towards making art. As a result of events in my life, I have some heady topics to deal with artistically. If I can just break into that artist flow... I feel so close.

No comments: