Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Away for a while


I've not been blogging for a several weeks. I would love to have a story of too much print work, or new equipment. Instead, I just haven't felt much like writing or creating.

Kristin, my sister, died in late October. She was 37 years old, and a 7 year survivor of breast cancer. She was a mother to five wonderful children, and a wife to one of the hardest working men I've ever met. Her life was one lived without reservation. She was quick to share her opinion, and even more generous with her possessions and time. All of these express who Kristin was, but the most important description of Kristin is that she lived to point others to Christ. There are people who know they will see Kristin again because of Kristin; because she led them to a relationship with our Lord and savior by her words, her actions, her very life.

I may not carve many prints in the next few months. I may not post many pictures of my changing studio. I may have overwhelming sadness.

Whatever happens, I will know that my sister has run the race, and fought the good fight. God is glorified, and Kristin can see Him face to face.

I will remain sorrowful, yet always rejoicing.

6 comments:

John T. Spencer said...

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I enjoy this blog, but I understand why your creative impulse can change as a result of grief.

"She lived to point others to Christ." That might be the best eulogy anyone could ever have. Although I never knew her, she seems like the kind of person that enriched the world with her presence.

Mark Hill said...

My condolences and thoughts to you and your family.

Are you curious about me? said...

Remember



Remember me when I am gone away,
Gone far away into the silent land;
When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
You tell me of our future that you plann'd:
Only remember me; you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
Better by far you should forget and smile
Than that you should remember and be sad.

by Christina Rosetti


This is a poem that means a lot to me, It helps me every time I read it.

Wendy Willis said...

This is the first post of yours I have read and I was quite touched by it. I am so sorry for your loss. I respect that you are living with your grief and not denying it; that you aren't apologizing or hiding it. If you accept hugs from strangers, I would gladly give one.

AnniePod said...

Justin - I am sorry to read of your loss.

Jim said...

Amen