Thursday, January 12, 2012

Tuscan Ornate Figures Specimen




Since I had finished carving and proofing my new Tuscan Ornate numbers, I thought I should go ahead and print up a type specimen to hang on the wall. While I'm sure this could be done at any time, life has a way of pushing fun little projects like this to the background. I locked up a less than traditional form that filled the chase of my 10x15 C&P Craftsman, and printed away.

My current plan is to complete the rest of the font with a very small 3A scheme. I had originally thought I would continue with the 20 line (~3.25 inch) size, but having barely locked up only 10 figures in my chase, I think 10 line (1.625 inch) would be a better size. Should only be a few hours. (& Smiles)

2 comments:

Marc Snyder said...

Beautiful!

Tom Sarmo said...

I agree with Marc Snyder. If you ever sell these, I'd like to know.
Cool, informative blog, btw.