Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Encore! Encore!

Do you love hand drawn typography as much as I do? I have been working to become more and more proficient with hand drawn letters. Swashes, ligatures, and swirls are exciting. One of my jobs at home is to address the numerous greeting cards that my wife delivers. I've been using this as an opportunity to embellish the type and make a beautiful design out of the name on each card. Arguably some are far more successful than others.

This is my latest effort. I've been working on it off and on while teaching, and finally took the time to proof and print a few.


This print was inspired by my love of type, and a couple of similar prints I purchased a few years back. If you'd like your own, find out more in the Bound Staff Press Etsy shop.

No comments: